Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mary Hart recalls memorable 'Entertainment Tonight' highlights

    After 29 years with “Entertainment Tonight,” Palm Desert resident Mary Hart is packing her bag full of celebrity memories and leaving.

    “It's time to move on,” says the show co-anchor whose final appearance is May 20. And what's next? “I don't know,” says Hart, 60, who has also been a fixture at the Palm Springs International Film Festival.

    Hart recalled her most remarkable moments from “E.T.”:

    Elizabeth Taylor, March 1985: “I went on the set of “North and South” (1985) and interviewed her in Charleston, S.C. It was my first meeting with her and when she came down, it was much like Scarlett O'Hara coming down the staircase to meet Rhett Butler. She came down in this Southern belle gown that was absolutely gorgeous and so fitting for Dame Elizabeth. And we sat down and she was charming, positively charming. But boy, when my time was up, my time was up. It didn't matter that I'd come across the country.”

    Presidential candidates, summer 2008: “That was a highlight for me because being out there in that venue of the political campaigns, being in Detroit at the huge rally that both the Obamas and the Bidens attended and interviewing the four of them together, Michelle and Jill and Joe and Barack — it was a thrill for me, and they were so nice. They were thoughtful. All four of them had a lot to say, and it was terrific. And then I went down to Florida, and I met and interviewed Sarah Palin at her big rally. Being in the midst of that and seeing how they reacted under the pressure, seeing them perform onstage and then talking to them right afterward, you really get a sense of somebody. And the same with John McCain. I went to Sedona, Ariz., and with him, we sat down at their house.”

    Richard Pryor, October 1992 and November 1999: Pryor had numerous medical problems through the years, including several heart attacks and multiple sclerosis. “We were sitting in his living room, and he had an increasingly difficult time talking. I went back to just go over letters from fans. And ultimately, he couldn't even speak to me. ... I can count many a time when I was overwhelmed by tears. (source:mydesert.com)
    Source URL: https://newsotokan.blogspot.com/2011/05/mary-hart-recalls-memorable-tonight.html
    Visit Sotokan for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive